Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Train Themed Baby Shower Dessert Table

Choo Choo Choo... A Special Shower for Someone New! I recently designed a Train Themed Dessert Table for a baby shower that was held this past weekend. The expecting mommy is awaiting the arrival of her 3rd boy and will then be moving overseas within a month (Wow-Zas!). With the upcoming move, a theme for the baby's room has not been chosen however the excited couple is leaning towards a lime green and brown color scheme. A little birdie also told me that the mommy-to-be loves anything with chocolate and peanut butter, especially peanut butter pie! With this information in hand, I decided to use a lime green, brown, and blue color scheme and to incorporate a boy-friendly train theme into the dessert table, transforming it into a "Dessert Car".

I used several different elements to incorporate trains into the dessert table's decor. I created a "Dessert Car" sign that I framed and hung on a beadboard back above the table. I also placed trains, train tracks, tunnels, and train signs throughout the table and created train toppers and wraps for some of the desserts and display pieces. The dessert items were based around the mommy-to-be's love of peanut butter and chocolate. I decided that mini peanut butter pies would be a fun alternative to cupcakes. I hear that they were a big hit! The other desserts included double chocolate brownies, peanut butter blossoms, and assorted cake balls.



This really was a fun table to put together. I hope that you all enjoy it!

3 comments:

  1. So cute, I really love the stacked cake plates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this table! My favorite part is the framed dessert car sign against the bead board and all the real wood trains. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm MaKenna and blog over at MamaKenna.com. I'm working on a post on baby shower themes ideas for boys and was wondering if I could use an image for it?

    I'll be sure to link back and give proper credit.

    -MaKenna

    ReplyDelete