Saturday, November 20, 2010

Fruit and Veggie Table

As much as I love a good dessert table (especially if chocolate is involved!), I have to admit that I often feel guilty serving my guests (especially children) a table full nutritionally void sugar concoctions, no matter how beautiful they look. Of course I know that a splurge here and there is part of a healthy, balanced lifestyle but with a background in dietetics and health promotion and a life-long love of healthy living, I just can't help myself. So, when I came across this Fruit and Veggie table by Esther Kim of My Bride Story I instantly fell in love.


Like myself and many other moms out there, Esther is conscious of what her son eats and wanted to present fruits & veggies in a fun and stylish way that would appeal to both parents and kids. With a menu of freshly cut fruits and veggies, salads, yogurt parfaits, and pumpkin latte shots, Esther did more than accomplish her goal. She has inspired so many others (including myself) to rise to the challenge and do the same. Way to go!








Isn't it beautiful! My mouth is watering and I wouldn't feel guilty serving or eating anything on this table for one second. Perfect! A fruit and veggie table would be a great addition to a holiday party or any Shindig for that matter. Even if it was paired alongside a traditional dessert table, your guests would have the option of enjoying beautiful FOOD that was presented in a beautiful manner. I hope that you are as inspired as I am. My mind is racing with healthy ideas... a healthy New Years Eve table may be in my future. Thank you, thank you, Esther!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! This is absolutely exquisite! Totally up my alley!!!

    Our tables are usually fruit, veggie, grains, legumes, seeds & nuts but I have not mastered the art of its presentation AT ALL! I have a few tricks up my sleeve, but they are normally more "cute" than elegant. And the great thing is, this all looks completely do-able!

    What a great find! I'm bookmarking this and will link to you in a future post, I'm sure!

    Sofia's Ideas
    http://sofiasideas.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW that is amazing! I like the veggie arrangements, so cute : )

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my biggest dilemmas yet is getting the kids to eat more fruits and veggies. Hiding some in their pancakes, scrambled eggs or breaded chicken nuggets (with beets!) now and then seems to work. But I believe it really is in the presentation. (Vegetable soup is a dead giveaway - and never gets eaten). But oh - this is a lovely idea. Lovely. Lovely. I must include some of these ideas at my daughter's birthday party coming up.

    Talk about feeling good about what we're serving. And hopefully starting a new trend here - thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete